From "Jeff Ward" <jw...@benefitpoint.com>
Subject RE: Problem using BodyTag
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:39:10 GMT
put this in your doAfterBody() function and the content will appear.
    BodyContent body = getBodyContent();
    try
    {
      body.writeOut(getPreviousOut());
    }catch(Exception e){
      e.printStackTrace();
      throw new JspTagException("Unexpected error while writing body
content");
    }
    body.clearBody();
    return SKIP_BODY;

  What is happening is the output inside the tags is going to the body
content of the parent tag, the pageContext.getOut() function always points
to the paren't BodyContent. It is the job of the parent tag to decide if the
output should be written or not (hense the body.writeOut).

  Having the body output it's contents like this is the prefered way because
it will work no matter how many tags within tags you have, also text inside
the body of the tag(on the JSP) is output to the body content so this will
display that as well.

  Hope this helps.
  -Jeff