From "Johnson, Robert" <rjohn...@sprintspectrum.com>
Subject TagData.getAttributeString() ClassCastException when compiling JS P w/ dynamic scripting variable
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:49:27 GMT
I have a custom tag which creates a scripting variable called "id".  The JSP
compiles fine when I use a static attribute value as follows:

<rj:foo id="bar"/>

When I try the following in my JSP I get a ClassCastException in my extra
info class:

<% String test = "bar"; %>
<rj:foo id='<%=test%>'/>

The error occours on the getAttributeString call in the following code
snippet:

public final class FooTEI extends TagExtraInfo
{
public VariableInfo[] getVariableInfo(TagData data)
{
  return new VariableInfo[] {
    new VariableInfo(
      data.getAttributeString("id"),
      "java.lang.String",
      true,
      VariableInfo.AT_END)};
}
}

Also in my tld the <rtexprvalue> tag is set to true.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Robert Johnson