From "Madigan, Brian" <BMadi...@midwaygames.com>
Subject RE: Programming JSP Tag Libraries Book
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:55:03 GMT
I would like to know more about how the taglibs are used by the JSP engines
and how to create useful custom tags. I would like to see this book
concentrate on custom tag functionality and use topics, NOT how to build a
website. There are plenty of books out there for that.

-----Original Message-----
From: A. Keyton Weissinger [mailto:keytonw@bellsouth.net]
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 10:16 PM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Programming JSP Tag Libraries Book

Group,

My name is Keyton Weissinger. I am writing O'Reilly and Associate's
Programming JSP Tag Libraries. I'm pretty early in my development and would
like to request feedback: what would you like to see covered in such a book?

My outline so far is a full coverage of developing and using tags and tag
libraries using examples from a wide variety of sources, many of which from
this project. Furthermore, my book will act as a reference for these tags
and those being proposed for the Sun standard JSP tags (see Sun's JSR 000052
Expert Group).

But I want it to be useful for YOU! What would you like to see?

Looking forward to your feedback.

Sincerely yours,
Keyton Weissinger