tomcat-taglibs-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Steve Philp <>
Subject Re: Problem with DBTags
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 09:04:44 GMT
Morgan Delagrange wrote:
> The syntax of DBTags definitely does not support multiple queries per statement tag (i.e.
your pseudo-code example will not work.)
> It's curious that using separate statement tags did not work however.  Could you send
pseudo code for that usage?

I'm not the original poster, but I'm experiencing similar problems with
all pages that use multiple statements.  The pages work correctly with
Resin 1.2.7, but fail on Resin 2.0.1.  The dbtags library I'm using is
dated 20010508.

The pages look like this:

	<sql:connection id='conn'>

	<sql:statement id='foo' conn='conn'>
		select * from tablename_1
	  <sql:resultSet id='rs'>
	    <sql:getColumn position='1'/><br><sql:getColumn position='2'/><br>

	<sql:statement id='bar' conn='conn'>
		select * from tablename_2
	  <sql:resultSet id='rs2'>
	    <sql:getColumn position='1'/><br><sql:getColumn position='2'/><br>

	<sql:closeConnection conn='conn'/>

The pages respond with a NullPointerException when run under the newer
Resin.  If I remove _either_ of the queries, the page displays
correctly.  It doesn't matter which I remove... just have to leave a
single <sql:statement>.


Steve Philp
Advance Packaging Corporation

View raw message