From Brett.B.To...@Dartmouth.EDU (Brett B. Tofel)
Subject NoClassDefFound for TagExtraInfo trying to use dbtags
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 10:59:29 GMT
I think this is some general setup problem, but I can't figure it out using
normal means. I successfully installed dbtags and used them on one machine then
tried to replicate the setup on another machine.

When Tomcat encounters the tag-uri directive it croaks saying in can't find
(NoClassDefFound root cause) the javax.servlet.jsp.tags.TagExtraInfo class. I
tried a direct import in the page directive and was able to load the
TagExtraInfo class without an error, so i am pretty sure the javax.servlet.*
classes are all set in the classpath, etc.

any ideas why I can't get the tag library to load properly, maybe someone has
seen it before.

thanks,

brett tofel