From Néstor Boscán <nestor.bos...@tcs.com.ve>
Subject RE: Datagrid
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2005 12:03:22 GMT
Hi Richard

Sure, if you check the example you will see an attribute called "hyperLink"
you can put any expression language value there like
http://www.yahoo.com?name=${item.firstname}%20${item.lastname}&code=${item.c
ode}.

Regards,

Néstor Boscán

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Richard Hurst [mailto:richard.hurst@kirklees.gov.uk]
Enviado el: Friday, April 08, 2005 7:54 AM
Para: nestor.boscan@tcs.com.ve
Asunto: RE: Datagrid

Hi Nestor

Thanks for that I look forward to seeing the new version.

I know that the examples you sent out with the stuff on the taglibs site
included an example where one of the fields was a hyperlink to another HTML
page.

Could this be used to pass the information in the row to another JSP page
via this rather than by doing a post on a form ?

Regards

Richard

===============================
Richard Hurst

Senior Officer - Systems Integration
Kirklees Metropolitan Council

Tel: 01484 225994
Fax: 01484 225916
=======================================
www.kirklees.gov.uk
=======================================
This e-mail contains information intended for the addressee only. It may be
confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional privilege.
Any dissemination, distribution, copyright  or use of this communication
without prior permission of the addressee is strictly prohibited.

>>> Néstor Boscán <nestor.boscan@tcs.com.ve> 08/04/2005 12:46:51 >>>
Hi Richard

I developed the datagrid tag with the functionality of rendering information
on screen and not to editing data. There are some requests in the community
for this kind of functionality. The problem is that there are many
frameworks to do this: Struts, JSTL, Spring, etc, and to make this work I
need to be able to make the datagrid work with any framework. I'll be
updating the datagrid tag in a couple of weeks, I'll let you know.

Regards,

Néstor Boscán