From Vernon <vwu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Retrieve a session attribute
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:30:33 GMT
In Servlet, I have

request.getSession().getAttribute("cc");

The code returns the right result.

In JSP, when I have

<fmt:message key="cc.${sessionScope.cc}"/>

I get

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot access session
scope in page that does not participate in any session

I think the reason is that I have

<%@ page session="false"%> in the JSP file.

I have tried to retrieve the session attribute in some
other ways like the follogins I can think with a
success. What is the right way to get the attribute
with the JSTL?

<fmt:message key="cc.${requestScope.session.cc}"/>

<fmt:message key="cc.${pageContext.session.cc}"/>

The both yeild ??cc.??

Thanks.