From John Fereira <ja...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: packing images and style sheets with a taglib
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:13:55 GMT
At 04:55 PM 4/19/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks for the input and ideas. The servlet approach seems to have potential
>but I think because our company will be the only users of the taglib I'm
>going to force the user of the lib to paste a special taglib folder into the
>context.

i.e, {context}/WEB-INF/classes/taglib ?

Then in your servlets you can access them using Class.getResource(string),
Class.getResourceAsStream(string) where string is something like
"/taglib/car.gif".

Instead of forcing the user to past the taglib folder, if you use Ant or
Maven to build the web application, a "deploy" target/task can do that for you.