From "Karl Coleman" <kcole...@commercebenefitsgroup.com>
Subject RE: attribute test does not accept any expressions
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:53:57 GMT
I've seen this error when I accidentally mix and match JSTL versions, which it looks like you
are doing. You are using the JSP 2.0 jar but JSP 1.2 definition. You uri should be http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core.
Also, what version of web.xml are you using? 2.3 or 2.4? 2.3 is JSP 1.2. 2.4 is JSP 2.0.

Karl

-----Original Message-----
From: PGibbonsX@aol.com [mailto:PGibbonsX@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 9:47 AM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: attribute test does not accept any expressions

Hi There,
hope you can help me.  i'm using java version "1.4.2", tomcat 5.0.28  with
jakarta-taglibs-standard-1.1.0-B1 and i'm getting the following error from  my
jsp page:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /non_retail_numchk.jsp(47,1) According  to
TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute test does not accept any
expressions
org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:39)
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:409)

where line 47 of my jsp page is:
<c:when test="${nc.phone ==''}">

and my tag lib is defined as <%@ taglib prefix="c"
uri="_http://java.sun.com/jstl/core_ (http://java.sun.com/jstl/core) "  %>.

Whats interesting is that this code works fine on tomcat 5.5.7 with java
1.5.  I'm not able to upgrade java or tomcat, however i can downgrade  tomcat to
version 4 if needed.  Whats the easiest way to fix it.

thanks in advance.
pg

The information contained in this transmission contains confidential  information that is
legally privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above. The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this
information to any other party unless required to do so by law or regulation and is required
to destroy the information after its stated need has been fulfilled.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this information in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
email or phone at 800-223-9941 and arrange for the return or destruction of these documents.