From Patrick Heck <PH...@camsys.com>
Subject License conundrum
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 05:42:27 GMT
I am somewhat confused by the jstl.jar distributed with 1.0.5 (I have
identified it as being at least the same # of bytes as the one that I am
trying to identify and document in our project, and since we also have a
jakarta-taglibs 1.0.5 jar I suspect we got this jstl.jar from you :) ).

It has a manifest.mf file as follows:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.5.3
Created-By: 1.4.2-b28 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Specification-Title: JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library (JSTL)
Specification-Version: 1.0
Implementation-Title: JavaServer Pages Standard Tag Library API Refere
 nce Implementation
Implementation-Version: 1.0.5
Implementation-Vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation-Vendor-Id: com.sun
Extension-Name: javax.servlet.jsp.jstl

I cannot find reference to 1.0.5, or it's license on sun's site

I cannot find any license file relating to a Sun license. I have noticed
that other jars from apache are clearly implemented by apache. For
example:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.6.1
Created-By: 1.4.2-b28 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

Name: javax/servlet/jsp/
Specification-Title: Java API for JavaServer Pages
Specification-Version: 2.0
Specification-Vendor: Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Implementation-Title: javax.servlet.jsp
Implementation-Version: 2.0.public_draft
Implementation-Vendor: Apache Software Foundation

Can someone please help me locate the license for the jstl.jar fom
1.0.5... I'm probably blind or something...

-Gus

Patrick G. Heck
Cambridge Systematics, Inc.
100 CambridgePark Drive, Suite 400