From Poornima V Camblay <pcamb...@in.ibm.com>
Subject JSTL-EL : Unable to convert string to class
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:49:43 GMT
Hi all,

I am a newbie to JSTL-EL and writing custom tags. I have a problem, where
i have a custom tag with one attribute and the attribute value is an
ArrayList       .
So, in my JSP, when i write the following code, it gives me and error
which says:

Error:

[ServletException in:search.jsp] Unable to convert string
'${requestScope.SrchViewBean.srchLabels}' to class java.util.ArrayList for
attribute name: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Property Editor not
registered with the PropertyEditorManager'

My Code Snippet:

<mylib:PopulateSearchDirs name="${requestScope.SrchViewBean.srchLabels}"
/>

I am sorry if this sounds like a silly problem. Can anyone please help me
on this.

Regards,
Poornima.