From "Jim Cooper" <COOPE...@gov.ns.ca>
Subject Re: <bean:message key="some.string.value" />
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 13:51:45 GMT
Hi Again,

Since posting this, I've found the <message-resource> entry in struts-config.xml .
Am I correct in assuming that the controller init-parm "application" corresponds to the
to this entry?  It makes sense that it would, I'll play around with it.

I have also cleared up the question about the .properties extension, and how
the controller makes use of the ../classes directory.

Jim

>>> COOPERJG@gov.ns.ca 4/22/2005 10:22:28 AM >>>
Hi,

I'm tracing through a struts app., and am having trouble determining exactly
how the Controller servlet sets up the keys which the <bean /> tag uses.

Here is what I do know.  The web.xml has set up a controller servlet,
with servlet class = "org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet".
An init parameter called "application", with a value = "ApplicationResources" has
been set up.  There is a resource file in ..WEB-INF\classes
named "ApplicationResources.properties".

When the servlet is initialized, does it assume the extension, ".properties" when picking
this resource up?
So far, I haven't found any specific reference in the struts documentation to an "application"
parameter that the controller servlet uses.   Is this a standard parm passed to the controller?

It seems to me I'm missing a minor step here.  I appreciate any help.

Jim