From "Marius Botha" <mar...@workpool.co.za>
Subject Dynamically adding components to pages
Date Tue, 31 May 2005 10:43:33 GMT
Hi there,

Hope someone can help me.

I have a requirement where my system needs to prompt users for certain
information at certain times in a process. To do this I need to be able to
add components to a page at run time based on a user's permissions. E.g. if
the user is supposed to specify a date for the process to continue, I need
to provide a calendar control; and if the user needs to enter a name, then
provide a textbox. I have developed my own custom tags that I would want to
use but I have the following questions:

1. How do I reuse my components in such an environment? I suppose I would
need to provide a StringBuffer or something to my component to write to
(how?) and then call the doStartTag(), etc. methods manually?
2. How do I implement this in the JSP, seeing as the html/tags would have to
be inserted at a certain stage. Has anyone done this before or can you give
me any pointers?

Much appreciated.

Marius Botha