From e..@swapsimple.com
Subject c:import doesn't work with HEAD requests
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 02:29:18 GMT

	I've been trying to figure out why occasionally my webapp gets
"Premature end of file" errors when trying to parse an xml configuration
file using x:parse.  I finally figured out that it's not x:parse's fault
and the eof error is correct since the data it is getting fed ends up
being empty.
	This happens when a HEAD request is received, instead of a GET reqeust.
It appears that the c:import tag doesn't actually import the requested url
in that case!
	I created a minimal test case, which is attached.  The output in the
log (catalina.out) shows that when a GET is performed, the testit.xml file
is correctly read, but when a HEAD is performed the Reader object has no
data.
	I am using Tomcat 5.0.30 and JSTL 1.1.1.  I looked at the release notes
for 1.1.2 but none of the bug fixes seem to apply to this.
	Is there a bug for this already?  Is this perhaps a Tomcat bug?

eric