From Oded Arbel <o...@m-wise.com>
Subject Re: autogenerating resource for taglibs-i18n
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:34:45 GMT
On Tuesday, 10 בJanuary 2006 01:27, Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On 1/9/06, Oded Arbel <oded@m-wise.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys.
> >
> > I've started to use taglibs-i18n in my project, and I was wandering
> > if its possible to automatically generate the base resource files
> > for taglibs-i18n's <i18n:bundle> automatically from my JSP files ?
>
> <snip/>
>
> Oded -
>
> A base resource file is usually a straight copy of the one for your
> most prevalent locale for your user base. It seems I've misunderstood
> the question, please explain what "automatic generation from JSPs"
> is, what is being generated and how that ties to the i18n:bundle tag.

I'm writing a new application and do not have a resource bundle for that
application, either a locale one or a base. I'm actually adding keys
and text as I go.

Currently I have to add everything twice: once in the source code that
calls the i18n routines, and once in the resource bundle.
I want to eliminate the extra step and just edit the code and have
something that automatically generates the resource bundles (base or
locale) for me.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9611212 (204)
+972-54-7340014

::..
Rules of Open-Source Programming:
22. Backward compatiblity is your worst enemy.
23. Backward compatiblity is your users' best friend.