From Kris Schneider <k...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: fmt:setBundle Performance Pattern?
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 03:04:28 GMT
Ignoring the performance question for the moment, if that's your app's
default bundle, why not just use:

<web-app>
   <context-param>
     <param-name>javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.localizationContext</param-name>
     <param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>
   </context-param>
</web-app>

That way you don't have to worry about explicitly setting the bundle on the
pages where you want to use it. Read through Chapter 8 of the JSTL 1.1 Spec.

Getting back to performance, I think you'll find that once the bundle is
loaded, it's actually cached so it won't get reloaded. You can test this
out by hitting a JSP that uses the bundle, then editing the bundle and
seeing if the changes are reflected in the app.

Kris Schneider <mailto:kris@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>