From "Rao, Aravilli Srinivasa" <a...@sonusnet.com>
Subject RE: RDC Tag Libs
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:32:49 GMT
Rahul,

Thanks for your reply.  Some Media Servers doesn't support grammar
element.  So we have to specify using the Built in Grammar only.  If I
use RDCTemplate also the same problem because it also adds the grammar
element.

So are there any plans to support the Builtin Grammar or any alternative
like support to customize the attribute of a filed.

I have tried the following alternatives to achieve the same.

I tried by changing the "field" element fsm-input.tag

<field name="${model.id}Input" ="digits?minlength=3;maxlength=5">  then
I tested with some test tag it adds properly the Builtin grammar.

But this is not the proper approach because Builtin Grammar can be any
type i.e "digits, number, Boolean etc"

I have tried another approach

	1)	Added one property in "digits.tag" file

			<%@ attribute name="type" required="false" %>

		And the set the attribute value to the Model

		<c:set target="${model}" property="type"
value="${type}"/>

	2)	Modified the fsm-input.tag to read this property also

			<field name="${model.id}Input"
type="${model.type}">

	3)	Add the property in "digits-test.jsp" in the following
way

	<rdc:digits id="digits"
type="digits?minlength=3;maxlength=3;length=3" minLength="5"
maxLength="9" config="/config/test.xml" />

	Then I tried to execute the JSP then it throws the following
error

	javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException: Invalid property in
&lt;set&gt;:  "type"

org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.core.SetSupport.doEndTag(Unknown
Source)

org.apache.jsp.tag.meta.rdc.digits_tag._jspx_meth_c_set_2(digits_tag.jav
a:562)

org.apache.jsp.tag.meta.rdc.digits_tag._jspx_meth_c_when_0(digits_tag.ja
va:417)

org.apache.jsp.tag.meta.rdc.digits_tag._jspx_meth_c_choose_0(digits_tag.
java:358)

org.apache.jsp.tag.meta.rdc.digits_tag.doTag(digits_tag.java:289)

org.apache.jsp.digits_002dtest_jsp$digits_002dtest_jspHelper.invoke0(dig
its_002dtest_	jsp.java:155)

Could you please suggest what is wrong in this approach?

Regards
Srinivas