From "Rao, Aravilli Srinivasa" <a...@sonusnet.com>
Subject RE: Regarding RDC
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 06:38:27 GMT
Vani,

I have attached two mails which describes about solution to questions.
But this solution is not fully accepted by the RDC Team.

Rahul,

	I think, we have to support passing "namelist" to the component
since people are finding difficulty to implement the same.

Regards
Aravilli

-----Original Message-----
From: Vani Ampavathina [mailto:vani.ampavathina@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:24 AM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Regarding RDC

 Hi

 I am evaluating the RDC Tag  libraries to use in our speech
applications.Ihave a small difficulty in using these tags. can you
help me in briefing a
solution for the following problem.

1) When I use,say for example "alpha" tag, I would like to have my own
logic
in the "filled" block rather having the default submit and the namelist
formed from the Nbest.js. From the provided document , I understand that
we
can use the submit attribute to submit to any other JSP, but what about
the
variables i wish to pass on to the next JSP?

Say to have something like

<filled>
 <submit next="UseCollectedAlpha.jsp" namelist="alphacollected var1 var2
var3"/>
</filled>

instead of

<filled>
    <script src="/rdc-examples/.grammar/nbest.js"/>
    <var name="alphaResultNBest" expr="serializeNBest()"/>
    <submit
next="/rdc-examples/alpha.jsp;jsessionid=CD6603360BFF6C0D33417D414A2D205
C"
method="post" namelist="alphaResultNBest"/>
  </filled>

is it possible to implement this? whats the reason to send the
confidence,
utterance and the interpretation as a serialized object from the
nbest.js?
by default the maxNBest is set to 5 and all the values are concatenated
and
returned. is there any special reason of such implementation, when i can
directly take up the "application.lastresult$.utterance" for the most
probable value, the asr recognized.

2) how is a simple JSP with 4 lines of code getting translated to few
tens
lines of code? The tutorials and wikis doesn't help in understanding the
concept.The only vxml tag I can see in the Tag library is <form> in "
task.tag". The config file gives the prompts list, this part is
understood. But how are the attributes like minLength and maxLength of
"alpha" tag, for example, used to limit the grammar as I notice there is
no
direct correspondence to these attributes, and where is the input
entered by
the user getting validated?

Regards
Vani