From Michael Labib <mikela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Help migrating my JSTL from Java 1.4 to 1.5
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:23:35 GMT
If your using JSP 1.1 TLDs , you'll encounter issues like this with OC4J  if you don't have
a DOCTYPE.

Add this to your page

<!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library @ 1.1//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">

or turn off TLD caching.

Hopefully that helps.

Mike Labib

________________________________
From: "gary_grubb@agilent.com" <gary_grubb@agilent.com>
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Sent: Wed, April 14, 2010 7:37:26 PM
Subject: Help migrating my JSTL from Java 1.4 to 1.5

I am moving my Java code compiled under Java 1.4 running on an Oracle 10g Application Server
to an Oracle 10g OC4J Standalone container. My Java code compiles just fine, but the taglib
is giving me grief.

E.G Using

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-bean-el.tld" prefix="bean" %>

<bean:message key="title.revision.text"/> -- if I remove this tag, the page displays.

The only error message that I can find is:

J2EE JSP-0003  loading Tld's into cachedConfigTable:

I don't know if this is a tag issue or the container can't find applicationResources.properties.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thx,

Gary