From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: xalan usage in taglibs
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2017 16:30:54 GMT
>> On Nov 30, 2017, at 3:14 AM, Matthew Broadhead <matthew.broadhead@nbmlaw.co.uk>
wrote:

>> has anything been decided?  if i try to redeploy a context in production all my xslt
processors blow up.  there should be a solution that fits all?

> Taglibs (both Apache and Glassfish) has always had a dependency on Xalan. My understanding
is that TomEE did not include it and so broke users that use the XML tags. If so, TomEE should
fix that.

Sadly this is not a bug on tomee but the best solution we went through
after having delivered xalan for some releases. Xalan dependency
breaks 80% of apps so no way to include it - and this is the issue of
Matthew. Note it also affects simple apps in tomcat including taglib
and other libs.

> You can probably add Xalan to your TomEE installation somehow to work around it but how
to do that is really a question for the TomEE users list.

> A patch for Taglibs that removes the Xalan dependency and doesn't regress the #27717
performance fix would be great. A patch that removed the dependency but regressed performance
would have to be evaluated at the time. The previous decision was not to do that.