From Jeremy Boynes <jer...@boynes.com>
Subject Re: xalan usage in taglibs
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2017 15:51:49 GMT
> On Nov 30, 2017, at 3:14 AM, Matthew Broadhead <matthew.broadhead@nbmlaw.co.uk>
wrote:

> has anything been decided?  if i try to redeploy a context in production all my xslt
processors blow up.  there should be a solution that fits all?

Taglibs (both Apache and Glassfish) has always had a dependency on Xalan. My understanding
is that TomEE did not include it and so broke users that use the XML tags. If so, TomEE should
fix that.

You can probably add Xalan to your TomEE installation somehow to work around it but how to
do that is really a question for the TomEE users list.

A patch for Taglibs that removes the Xalan dependency and doesn't regress the #27717 performance
fix would be great. A patch that removed the dependency but regressed performance would have
to be evaluated at the time. The previous decision was not to do that.