tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Kenan Sevindik" <ksevin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException inside IvmContext.lookup
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:52:09 GMT
Hi David,

Thank you for your reply. Here is what your requested information, and
additional config. info from several files in tomcat. It is completely
same error where i sent the link in my previous post. I am ready to
provide extra information or any help if possible.

Tomcat versions: 5.0.28, 5.5.20
JDK versions: 1.4.2_10, 1.5.0_06
OpenEJB version:1.0

Best Regards.

openejb.log file:

INFO :  openejb.home = D:\work\tools\openejb-1.0
INFO :  openejb.base = D:\work\tools\openejb-1.0
DEBUG:  Instantiating assembler class
org.openejb.alt.assembler.classic.Assembler
WARN :  Cannot find the configuration file [null], Trying
conf/openejb.conf instead.
INFO :  Loaded EJBs from
D:\work\tools\openejb-1.0\beans\openejb-itests-beans.jar
INFO :  Loaded EJBs from
D:\work\tools\openejb-1.0\beans\openejb-webadmin-clienttools.jar
INFO :  Loaded EJBs from
D:\work\tools\openejb-1.0\beans\openejb-webadmin-ejbgen.jar
INFO :  Loaded EJBs from
D:\work\tools\openejb-1.0\beans\openejb-webadmin-main.jar
INFO :  Loaded EJBs from D:\work\tools\openejb-1.0\beans\sapcache-0.1.0.jar
DEBUG:  Containers        : 4
DEBUG:  Type        Container ID
DEBUG:     ENTITY      Default BMP Container
DEBUG:     ENTITY      Default CMP Container
DEBUG:     STATEFUL    Default Stateful Container
DEBUG:     STATELESS   Default Stateless Container
DEBUG:  Deployments       : 38
DEBUG:  Type        Deployment ID
DEBUG:     STATEFUL    client/tests/stateful/EncBean
DEBUG:     CMP_ENTITY  client/tests/entity/cmp/RMI-over-IIOP/EJBHome
DEBUG:     STATEFUL    client/tests/stateful/BasicStatefulHome
DEBUG:     STATELESS   SapCacheBean
DEBUG:     STATELESS   ClientTools/ViewClass
DEBUG:     STATELESS   EJBGenerator/CreateEJB
DEBUG:     STATELESS   Webadmin/Configuration
DEBUG:     STATELESS   ClientTools/InvokeObject
DEBUG:     STATELESS   Webadmin/Properties
DEBUG:     STATEFUL    client/tests/stateful/RMI-over-IIOP/EJBHome
DEBUG:     STATELESS   Webadmin/Home
DEBUG:     BMP_ENTITY  client/tests/entity/bmp/allowed_operations/EntityHome
DEBUG:     BMP_ENTITY  CustomerBean
DEBUG:     CMP_ENTITY  client/tests/entity/cmp/EncBean
DEBUG:     STATELESS   httpd/DefaultBean
DEBUG:     STATEFUL    client/tests/stateful/BeanManagedBasicStatefulHome
DEBUG:     STATELESS   client/tools/DatabaseHome
DEBUG:     BMP_ENTITY  client/tests/entity/bmp/EncBean
DEBUG:     STATEFUL    config/webadmin/ConfigurationData
DEBUG:     STATEFUL    deploy/webadmin/Deployer
DEBUG:     STATELESS   ClientTools/ViewJndi
DEBUG:     STATELESS   Webadmin/DeploymentList
DEBUG:     STATELESS   client/tests/stateless/BeanManagedBasicStatelessHome
DEBUG:     STATELESS   Webadmin/CMPMapping
DEBUG:     STATELESS   client/tests/stateless/EncBean
DEBUG:     STATEFUL    client/tests/stateful/BeanManagedTransactionTests/EJBHome
DEBUG:     BMP_ENTITY  client/tests/entity/bmp/RMI-over-IIOP/EJBHome
DEBUG:     STATELESS   Webadmin/ListLogs
DEBUG:     STATELESS
client/tests/stateless/BeanManagedTransactionTests/EJBHome
DEBUG:     STATELESS   ClientTools/ViewEjb
DEBUG:     BMP_ENTITY  client/tests/entity/bmp/BasicBmpHome
DEBUG:     STATEFUL    mapping/webadmin/CMPMappingData
DEBUG:     STATELESS   client/tests/stateless/BasicStatelessHome
DEBUG:     CMP_ENTITY  client/tests/entity/cmp/BasicCmpHome
DEBUG:     STATELESS   Webadmin/Deployment
DEBUG:     STATEFUL    httpd/session
DEBUG:     CMP_ENTITY  client/tests/entity/cmp/allowed_operations/EntityHome
DEBUG:     STATELESS   client/tests/stateless/RMI-over-IIOP/EJBHome
DEBUG:  SecurityService   : org.openejb.ri.sp.PseudoSecurityService
DEBUG:  TransactionManager: org.openejb.core.TransactionManagerWrapper
INFO :  OpenEJB ready.
INFO :

this is from my test.jsp:

<%
	javax.naming.Context initCtx = new javax.naming.InitialContext();

	Object object = initCtx.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/SapCacheBean");
	com.medtronic.minimed.gs.scs.ejb.SapCacheHomeRemote home =
(com.medtronic.minimed.gs.scs.ejb.SapCacheHomeRemote)
		javax.rmi.PortableRemoteObject.narrow(object,
com.medtronic.minimed.gs.scs.ejb.SapCacheHomeRemote.class);
	com.medtronic.minimed.gs.scs.ejb.SapCacheRemote bean = home.create();
%>
<%= bean.test() %>

This is ejb-ref definition from web.xml:

<ejb-ref>
 <description> EJB Reference to the bean deployed to OpenEJB </description>
 <ejb-ref-name>ejb/SapCacheBean</ejb-ref-name>
 <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
 <home>com.medtronic.minimed.gs.scs.ejb.SapCacheHomeRemote</home>
 <remote>com.medtronic.minimed.gs.scs.ejb.SapCacheRemote</remote>
</ejb-ref>

And finally this is from context.xml of my test web app:

<Ejb name="ejb/SapCacheBean"
    type="Session"
    home="com.medtronic.minimed.gs.scs.ejb.SapCacheHomeRemote"
    remote="com.medtronic.minimed.gs.scs.ejb.SapCacheRemote"/>
<ResourceParams name="ejb/SapCacheBean">
    <parameter>
        <name>factory</name>
        <value>org.openejb.client.TomcatEjbFactory</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
        <name>openejb.naming.factory.initial</name>
        <value>org.openejb.client.LocalInitialContextFactory</value>
    </parameter>

    <parameter>
        <name>openejb.ejb-link</name>
        <value>SapCacheBean</value>