tomee-users mailing list archives

From Minh <bm_ngu...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB Tomcat Deployments
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 22:00:13 GMT

Hi,

can someone who has been succefully using OpenEJB with tomcat tell me what I
need to do to make this simple EJB deployed and work on tomcat 6.0.20

i have a very simple EJB Bean. Compiled and then put them in a war file
togther with the servlet HomeAction where I look up the Bean Hello. for some
reason I wont be able to look up for the bean, the bean is always NULL.

Can you tell me if i need to do anythign else or what did i missed? what did
I do wrong here ...any extra deployment sescriptor in web.xml etc ......

I saw minor error when Tomcat start up, but not sure it relates to the
error...if so, how can I fix this?

Apr 29, 2010 2:41:57 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
validateJarFile
INFO:
validateJarFile(C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\webapps\recharge_report\WEB-INF\lib\javaee-api-5.0-2.jar)
- jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7
.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class
context path = /recharge_report

The javaee-api-5.0-2.jar is located inside war-file/WEB-INF\lib\ directory.

thanks
Minh

package edu.ucsd.ehs.service.helloworld;

import javax.ejb.Stateless;

@Stateless
public class HelloBean implements Hello {

    public String greet(String s) {
        return "Hello " + s + "!";
    }
}

package edu.ucsd.ehs.service.helloworld;
import javax.ejb.Local;

@Local
public interface Hello{

    public String greet(String s);

}

public class HomeAction extends DispatchAction  {

	@EJB
	private Hello bean;
	public ActionForward displayHome(ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
			                     HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response)throws Exception {

		System.out.println("***Context: HomeAction ");
		try{
			System.out.println("***HomeAction: testing OPENEJB");

			String returnedString = bean.greet("OpenEJB User");

			System.out.println("***returnedString: " + returnedString);