tomee-users mailing list archives

From Henri Gomez <henri.go...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openejb 3.1 error on start under SnowLeopard
Date Sun, 01 Aug 2010 19:26:23 GMT
2010/7/30 David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com>:

> On Jul 28, 2010, at 6:18 AM, Henri Gomez wrote:
>
>>> Dynamically adding a javaagent should work in java 1.6 and clearly the linux
jmv supports it just fine.  Seems like a VM bug in the Snow Leopard box ("MacosxAttachProvider"
"MacosxVirtualMachine")

>>> Caused by: com.sun.tools.attach.AttachNotSupportedException: Unable to
>>> open socket file: target process not responding or HotSpot VM not
>>> loaded
>>>        at sun.tools.attach.MacosxVirtualMachine.<init>(MacosxVirtualMachine.java:82)
>>>        at sun.t>>> Only way to workaround this is to do it the java
1.5 way of specifying the javaagent statically on the command line.
>>> The openejb installer webapp will do that setup for the static approach, but
you can also do it by hand as described above.

>> The 'dynamic way' is just for Java 1.6 ?
>
> Right.  In java 5 the only way to get a javaagent installed is on the command line and
you can only enhance classes before they are loaded.  In Java 6 you're *supposed* to be able
to add class transformers at runtime and enhance classes even after they're loaded.

Ok, I'll told my co-workers to add the agent jar in lib dir before
they switch to Java 1.6 and update the run script.