tomee-users mailing list archives

From rnieto <gamma_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Servlet Filters (or Valves) and OpenEJB
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 03:15:29 GMT
I had to add the created spnego jar in the tomcat\lib folder, along with the
openejb-loader and openejb-tomcat. It seems to initialise well, until
openejb starts initialising and pops-up with this error:

21 Jul 2011 19:59:31.243	[main] Jndi name could not be bound; it may be
taken by another ejb.
Jndi(name=openejb/Deployment/openejb/ConfigurationInfo/org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.cmd.ConfigurationInfo!Remote)
21 Jul 2011 19:59:31.243	[main] Undeploying app: classpath.ear
21 Jul 2011 19:59:31.263	[main] Application could not be deployed:
classpath.ear
org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Creating application failed:
classpath.ear: Unable to bind business remote deployment in jndi.

(I don't have a classpath.ear deployed anywhere) It seems that if I create
an instance of the custom filter that was made, it initialises the core of
OpenEJB too early. Even with this error, OpenEJB continues loading and I
could access my web service. But then it fails on the same point as the
original thing I did with the spnego filter, *the filter doesn't get called
when accessing OpenEJB web services*. It gets invoked when accessing any
other web resource within the server, even things under the OpenEJB folder
just not the web services.

I'm thinking that in order to make this work, something a heck of a lot more
needs to be done to the OpenEJB WSContainer. I'm not a 100% sure if this is
related to how CXF does things, but Axis web services does work okay with
tomcat filters. I saw that there's an openejb-axis package on the source
code, but it isn't included in the distribution packages (which might mean
that there's no official way to switch to Axis).