tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Brown" <bro...@stancounty.com>
Subject Re: OpenEjb testing EJB 2.1 with websphere jars
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 18:23:00 GMT
I've deployed EJB's (created initially for WebSphere) using openejb, and
it worked quite nicely.  I did not have to make any no changes to the
EJB's themselves.  I had a separate class that would do the lookup for
all EJB Remote Homes, and this is the only class I had to change.

I suspect your problem is with how your EJB client obtains an initial
context for looking up the EJB's.  You will need to use one of the
openejb initial context factory classes rather than an IBM initial
context factory class.  You will need the corresponding jars for openejb
clients rather than IBM WebSphere clients.

Also, be aware that if your EJB's access other EJB's, then you will
need to use the openejb classes to get initial context in the EJB
Module, not just the client module/application.