tomee-users mailing list archives

From ihunter <ihun...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem starting up standalone OpenEJB on TC7/Windows 7.
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 15:03:12 GMT
Finally got some time to pursue, and I have some progress, and some
questions...

1. Managed to get a simple peice of code (EJB/SCheduledProcess) which
performs the BC API call as per the 'failing' application. In this case it
succeeds. So good news.

2. However, if I place failing EJB app in the same container as the new
'minimal' app., the 'minimal' app also fails in the same way.

So, the 'bad' seems to be doing something which messes up BC access for
other apps in same container !!!!

There's no clues so far in the code of the bad app.

The bad app also uses ws4j which is itself dependant on BC, and this
dependency has been removed in the later versions of TomEE (in favour of
'Merlin').

Questions...
1. I'm not a BC/JavaSec expert, but is it possible that the 'bad' app relies
on BC as the provider, which is setup by ws4j by default?

2. If so, can Merlin/BC co-exist.

3. How can 1 EJB app. actually break another app. in this way?

4. Any ideas on how to proceed?

Thanks very much for any help
Ian Hunter