tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Poindexter, Miles" <Miles_Poindex...@condenast.com>
Subject DB connection issues after upgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.6.0
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 15:27:21 GMT
Hi,
I'm investigating problems with our database connections after upgrading from TomEE 1.5.2
to 1.6.0
After the upgrade, we starting getting a lot of "Connection to DB closed" type error messages.
And operations like table truncating are failing.
I have reverted our production platform to 1.5.2 to see if this fixes the issue, and will
let you know if it disappears.

Example log messages:
bombed truncating tables: No operations allowed after connection closed.Connection was implicitly
closed due to underlying exception/error:

bombed truncating table: MAILINGS_DETAIL, No more data to read from socket

I never saw these type of errors before the upgrade.  Has anyone else had problems like this?

This is happening on TomEE 1.6.0 running on Redhat 5.
Problems are happening with both Oracle and MySQL.

Drivers added to [TOMEE_HOME]/lib/:
mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.jar
ojdbc6.jar  (for Oracle)

Would a driver update possibly fix this?

miles

Miles Poindexter
Service Oriented Architecture
miles_poindexter@condenast.com<mailto:miles_poindexter@condenast.com>