tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gallimore <jonathan.gallim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TomEE as JNDI server
Date Tue, 12 May 2020 10:36:31 GMT
Sounds like an interesting use-case. ActiveMQ does have some JNDI
capabilities: https://activemq.apache.org/jndi-support.html, and the
bindings are controlled via system properties.

How are you adding your bindings in TomEE? Adding resources to tomee.xml?

Off the top of my head, it sounds ok. If you give us an idea of what your
TomEE config looks like (without anything sensitive, such as passwords),
and how you're doing the lookup from PeopleSoft (and whether its the App
server, or a rich client connecting to JNDI and ActiveMQ), we'll probably
be able to give you an idea of whether there are any issues with what
you're doing.

My own PeopleSoft knowledge is from v7.5, so quite out of date, I suspect.
I don't know the specifics of adding libraries and system properties to
Peoplesoft itself, for example, but we can probably guide you in terms of
treating it as a standalone Java application.

Jon