tomee-users mailing list archives

From "Shultz, Dmitry" <Dmitry_Shu...@kaltire.com>
Subject RE: TomEE as JNDI server
Date Tue, 12 May 2020 18:00:33 GMT
I may be totally wrong, but from what I see AMQ JNDI support is good for standalone app that
consumes the context programmatically while PSFT supports only JNDI configuration using it's
own properties files.
We tried to modify these  files to 'introduce' AMQ objects/JMS destinations to  PSFT with
not much success.  I.e. org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory was registered
 (I can see it in the error stacktrace) and that's pretty much it. So, if anybody had any
positive experience configuring PSFT to use AMQ/Artemis destinations without deploying dedicated
JNDI server (or with it) - please share.

I'm not an expert in configuring JNDI for PSFT myself, just helping the guy that maintains
our PSFT to migrate from Sonic (provides full blown JNDI Service out of the box) to AMQ/Artemis,
but there is ridiculously small amount of useful info available online, i.e.  so far I was
able to find only this link http://www.mypeoplesoft.com/m/discussion?id=6576243%3ATopic%3A15796
(that documents some failing attempt to configure PSFT and Tibco).

AMQ seem to promote the use of jndi.properties file, not sure if PSFT would see and consume
it though. Just for sake of trying it I'm going to put  the jndi.properties  into the PSFT
classpath and see what happens.

There are no restrictions of how to add bindings in TomEE, whatever works (remote PSFT can
consume the context) we will use it.

Jon, you mentioned that 'bindings are controlled via system properties'  - is there any related
documentation?

Dmitry