trafficserver-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Leif Hedstrom <>
Subject [DISCUSSION] v3.0.0
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 20:13:17 GMT
Hi all,

I'd like to start a discussion on the viability of a 3.0.0 release in 
~1-2 weeks. I know we have unresolved issues, but I'd like to get the 
input here from our users and devs. A few items to discsuss on

1. Is the 3.0.x branch good enough for a first v3.0.0 release?
2. If not, should we make another v2.1.10 release first?
3. People with unresolved bugs, would you be ok with a v3.0.0 release 
now, and hopefully a v3.0.1 release 4-6 weeks after that (assuming we 
can gather details on any pressing bugs).

My hope is that we'd get more user input from a v3.0.0 release, and more 
solid bug reports that we can act on (stack traces, reproducible cases 
etc.). Looking through the bug list, there's not a whole lot to work on 
for some of the bugs that looks serious (e.g. HostDB hanging), and I'm 
really worried that postponing 3.0.0 to get some (or all) of those fixed 
could take a considerable time (probably push us out another month at 

Please discuss.

-- Leif

View raw message