trafficserver-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kingsley Foreman <>
Subject RE: [DISCUSSION] v3.0.0
Date Tue, 31 May 2011 20:26:46 GMT
I say do it, 

The unstable version of the software is far more stable then most other software arround today,
expecially considering what it does, as long as the API is now set (and won't really change),
I dont see any reason not to release a stable considering it a lot better then the current


From: Leif Hedstrom []
Sent: 01 June 2011 05:43
To:; ''
Subject: [DISCUSSION] v3.0.0

Hi all,

I'd like to start a discussion on the viability of a 3.0.0 release in
~1-2 weeks. I know we have unresolved issues, but I'd like to get the
input here from our users and devs. A few items to discsuss on

1. Is the 3.0.x branch good enough for a first v3.0.0 release?
2. If not, should we make another v2.1.10 release first?
3. People with unresolved bugs, would you be ok with a v3.0.0 release
now, and hopefully a v3.0.1 release 4-6 weeks after that (assuming we
can gather details on any pressing bugs).

My hope is that we'd get more user input from a v3.0.0 release, and more
solid bug reports that we can act on (stack traces, reproducible cases
etc.). Looking through the bug list, there's not a whole lot to work on
for some of the bugs that looks serious (e.g. HostDB hanging), and I'm
really worried that postponing 3.0.0 to get some (or all) of those fixed
could take a considerable time (probably push us out another month at

Please discuss.

-- Leif

View raw message