trafficserver-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "ming.zym@gmail.com" <ming....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] v3.0.0
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:38:28 GMT
+1 for release it.

btw, I am going to put v2.1.9 in production and have spread out that
v3.0 will be release in 2weeks, hopes not make any trouble

:D

在 2011-05-31二的 14:13 -0600,Leif Hedstrom写道:
> Hi all,
> 
> I'd like to start a discussion on the viability of a 3.0.0 release in 
> ~1-2 weeks. I know we have unresolved issues, but I'd like to get the 
> input here from our users and devs. A few items to discsuss on
> 
> 
> 1. Is the 3.0.x branch good enough for a first v3.0.0 release?
> 2. If not, should we make another v2.1.10 release first?
> 3. People with unresolved bugs, would you be ok with a v3.0.0 release 
> now, and hopefully a v3.0.1 release 4-6 weeks after that (assuming we 
> can gather details on any pressing bugs).
> 
> 
> My hope is that we'd get more user input from a v3.0.0 release, and more 
> solid bug reports that we can act on (stack traces, reproducible cases 
> etc.). Looking through the bug list, there's not a whole lot to work on 
> for some of the bugs that looks serious (e.g. HostDB hanging), and I'm 
> really worried that postponing 3.0.0 to get some (or all) of those fixed 
> could take a considerable time (probably push us out another month at 
> least).
> 
> Please discuss.
> 
> -- Leif
> 



Mime
View raw message