From "Mav Peri" <mav.p...@optasports.com>
Subject Re: question
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 15:07:20 GMT
Thanks leif

I would like to get involved in the project. To start with by maintaining parts of  FAQ section/
Documentation. What is the best way to get involved?

Sent from my ASUS Eee Pad

Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:

>Well, you can enable the verbose Via header in the response, that includes (among other
things) if it was served out of cache.

>You can also write a plugin.
>
>-- leif
>
>On Jun 3, 2011, at 7:53 AM, "Mav Peri" <mav.peri@optasports.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the reply.
>>

>> Is there a way to force ATS to add an additional header indicating if it was served
from cache?

>> Thanks
>>

>> Mav

is not the right way to do this!

>> Is it possible to check the headers returned by ATS to see if an item was served
from cache?

>> Sort of, typically, the Age: header will give that indication (but not always, if
e.g. an upstream intermediary has added it). The "right" way to check if an object is in cache
or not is a request like