From "Mav Peri" <mav.p...@optasports.com>
Subject RE: cookies problem
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:59:41 GMT
Thanks Leif,

Forgot to say my setup is using ats as reverse proxy.

From: Leif Hedstrom [mailto:zwoop@apache.org]
Sent: 06 June 2011 15:59
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
Cc: Mav Peri
Subject: Re: cookies problem

On 06/06/2011 04:22 AM, Mav Peri wrote:

Hi,

I upgraded to 2.1.9 recently (late last week).

Some users the same day complained that the website they were using was
logging them out. The only thing  I can think of is that the cookie that
maintains info about the user's  session was not handled correctly by
ATS.

Nothing rings any bells, I use ATS in forward proxy mode myself, and I
never have a problem.

I'd check to make sure that the problem sites aren't sending too relaxed
headers, allowing content that shouldn't be cached to actually be
cached. We've seen this before, even Amazon shopping carts are(or were)
cacheable under certain conditions, this is why we changed the default
settings to be more strict:

    CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers INT 2

-- Leif