I am experiencing some confusing behaviors trying to use tsxs and the documentation on this tool does not seem to be very complete.

Here is what I am trying to do in a nutshell.

I have plugin file that I want to build and I want to be able to include files from a different directory into the header file such that:

When I put in my JsonPTransformationHandler.h file

#include <events/BaseEventHandler.h>

#include <TransactionData.h>

And I put this in my JsonPTransformationHandler.cc file:

#include "JsonPTransformationHandler.h"

#include <ApiMgmtUtil.h>

I have tried executing the build tool with the following command lines to no avail:

tsxs -o libJsonPTransformationHandler.so -C JsonPTransformationHandler.cc -I/home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin
tsxs -o libJsonPTransformationHandler.so -C JsonPTransformationHandler.cc -I/home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin/
tsxs -o libJsonPTransformationHandler.so -C JsonPTransformationHandler.cc -I /home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin
tsxs -o libJsonPTransformationHandler.so -C JsonPTransformationHandler.cc -I /home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin/

Yet in each and every case when the tool runs it renders the following error messages:
JsonPTransformationHandler.h:13:37: error: events/BaseEventHandler.h: No such file or directory
JsonPTransformationHandler.h:14:29: error: TransactionData.h: No such file or directory
JsonPTransformationHandler.cc:9:25: error: ApiMgmtUtil.h: No such file or directory

Yet the following ls commands hold:
[sowens@d4mftapp11 JsonPTransformationHandlerPlugin]$ ls -l /home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin/TransactionData.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sowens sowens 7736 Jan 18 11:22 /home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin/TransactionData.h
[sowens@d4mftapp11 JsonPTransformationHandlerPlugin]$ ls -l /home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin/ApiMgmtUtil.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sowens sowens 20232 Jan 18 11:22 /home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin/ApiMgmtUtil.h
[sowens@d4mftapp11 JsonPTransformationHandlerPlugin]$ ls -l /home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin/events/BaseEventHandler.h
-rw-rw-r-- 1 sowens sowens 1970 Jan 18 11:22 /home/sowens/ApiMgmtPlugin/events/BaseEventHandler.h

So the files are there but tsxs cannot fine them.  Furthermore other than the limited help provided by the h option on tsxs there is no examples in the ATS web documentation that talks about includes.  Does tsxs support include directories?