I do not think this is a good idea, if you're really looking to write code in Java I would suggest maybe using Netty and writing a simple proxy that way as opposed to using trafficserver. Alternatively, you could take advantage of remapping to just rewrite the url to a special endpoint that will fetch the original content and return a modified response to trafficserver.

Brian