From "Velusamy, Gandhimathi" <gvelu...@Central.UH.EDU>
Subject Re: How to load balance across hierarchical Proxies
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 16:02:09 GMT
Hi,
I noticed that there is problem with DNS resolution.
When I send http request  directly from the node on which the traffic server is installed
 to the origin server, I am able to receive response from the server. That seems the DNS is
working. But When I use Traffic server, It is giving 502 server not found error. When I debugged
with “dns” option, it is returns response code 3.
Does Traffic server need any special DNS mapping.

I first tried with only one level of proxying but unable to do when I use hostnames in the
remap config.
It resolves the hostname for traffic server node but the dns resolving does not happens for
origin servers. WhenI use IP addresses for origin servers, the loadbalancer is working. But
I need hostnames to be used for origin servers in the remap.config when I go hierarchical
proxying.

Any pointers on where to look to solve this issue will be appreciated.

Thanks
Gandhimathi

gvelus01@clb:/usr/local$ sudo bin/traffic_server -T "dns"
traffic_server: using root directory '/usr/local'
[Nov 14 10:30:56.876] Server {0x7f41b7666780} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:1604
(ink_dns_init)> (dns) ink_dns_init: called with init_called = 0
[Nov 14 10:30:56.879] Server {0x7f41b7666780} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:247 (dns_init)>
(dns) localhost=clb
[Nov 14 10:30:56.879] Server {0x7f41b7666780} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:248 (dns_init)>
(dns) Round-robin nameservers = 1
[Nov 14 10:30:56.888] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:482 (startEvent)>
(dns) DNSHandler::startEvent: on thread 0
[Nov 14 10:30:56.888] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:427 (open_con)>
(dns) open_con: opening connection 10.103.0.1:53
[Nov 14 10:30:56.888] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNSConnection.cc<http://dnsconnection.cc>:143
(connect)> (dns) random port = 0.0.0.0:52329
[Nov 14 10:30:56.888] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:455 (open_con)>
(dns) opening connection 10.103.0.1:53 SUCCEEDED for 0
[Nov 14 10:30:56.888] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:504 (startEvent)>
(dns_pas) opened connection to 10.103.0.1:53, n_con = 1
[Nov 14 10:31:11.913] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:1091
(getby)> (dns) received query cs2 type = 1, timeout = 0
[Nov 14 10:31:11.913] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:1057
(mainEvent)> (dns) enqueing query cs2
[Nov 14 10:31:11.913] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:1063
(mainEvent)> (dns) adding first to collapsing queue
[Nov 14 10:31:11.913] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:978 (write_dns_event)>
(dns) send query (qtype=1) for cs2 to fd 21
[Nov 14 10:31:11.913] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:1010
(write_dns_event)> (dns) sent qname = cs2, id = 22417, nameserver = 0
[Nov 14 10:31:11.913] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <P_DNSProcessor.h:239 (sent_one)>
(dns) sent_one: failover_number for resolver 0 is 1
[Nov 14 10:31:11.914] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:759 (recv_dns)>
(dns) received packet size = 21
[Nov 14 10:31:11.914] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:761 (recv_dns)>
(dns) round-robin: nameserver 0 DNS response code = 0
[Nov 14 10:31:11.914] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:1306
(dns_process)> (dns) received rcode = 3
[Nov 14 10:31:11.914] Server {0x7f41b3c7d700} DEBUG: <DNS.cc<http://dns.cc>:1328
(dns_process)> (dns) DNS error 3 for [cs2]

On Nov 13, 2017, at 6:16 PM, Velusamy, Gandhimathi <gvelusam@Central.UH.EDU<mailto:gvelusam@central.uh.edu>>