Hi Alan,

That is what i had already done in cache.config:
dest_domain=.*.source.tld ttl-in-cache=9999d

Of cource, source.tld is actually real domain, and this did not avoid checking origin for object freshness, it was still considered stale by ATS.

https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/7.1.x/admin-guide/configuration/cache-basics.en.html#ensuring-cached-object-freshness describes that if Expires is present, it is used to calculate objects freshness. And there is no way to ignore it. I've configured now ATS to remove Expires header and set Cache-control: max-age=157784630 with header rewrite plugin and cond %{READ_RESPONSE_HDR_HOOK}
Will see it that helps.

Veiko

You might try fiddling with the 'cache.config' file and set a cache TTL of 10 years or so.