From Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proxy.config.body_factory.response_suppression_mode config change
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2020 19:48:13 GMT
+1 - Looks good to me.

-Bryan

> On Mar 6, 2020, at 9:49 AM, Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheervinukonda@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> We've a lot of use cases, that trigger internal requests via TSFetchUrl. We've body_factory
enabled (0) for our response error templates which is nice, but we'd like to suppress the
error template responses for internal requests (note that body factory code is quite a bit
of an overhead due to mallocs/locks etc in request path -- we need to improve that, but that's
a bit outside the scope of this email).
> Looking at the configs, we have proxy.config.body_factory.response_suppression_mode which
can take the below values today. It looks like
> 2 (`2`` = suppress response pages only for intercepted traffic) is not used at all looking
through the code. Discussed with Bryan over slack and we think it's reasonable to repurpose
`2` as `2`` = suppress response pages only for internal traffic.