From Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheervinuko...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is anyone using the %{<...>records} log tag?
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2020 04:11:02 GMT
+1

We don’t use this log tag. If anyone’s using this, I’d be very curious to hear the reasons
to include the server version in the access logs.

> On Apr 7, 2020, at 8:07 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Accidentally (I blame Bryan …) we discovered that using this log tag can put some
noticeable pressure on mutexes in the librecords subsystem. You’d use it like

>    %<{proxy.process.version.server.build_number}record>
>

> Seeing that this (ab)use of librecord is not how it was intended for, if no one really
objects, I’d like to recommend that we mark this log tag as “Deprecated” for 9.0.0 (it’ll
still function), with a big fat warning on performance problems. And then for 10.0.0, we remove
it.

> If people have use cases like the above, Randall and I would like to suggest that we
simply implement normal log tags (which was tried before, and was shutdown unfortunately).