From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remap causing parent servers to not have a match
Date Thu, 07 May 2020 19:52:25 GMT

> On May 7, 2020, at 1:05 PM, Josh Gitlin <jgitlin@pinnacle21.com> wrote:
>
> The more I dig into this, the more I realize I have gone horribly wrong somewhere, as
I seem to have just created an infinite parent proxy loop. So I may need to RTFM again to
fix this broken design! :)

In ATS 9.x, there is a “self” detection mechanism for this exact purpose (“cache cluster”).
It prevents a box to parent a request that is hashing to itself.

— Leif

https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/5544 <https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/5544>

> Josh Gitlin
> Principal DevOps Engineer
> jgitlin@pinnacle21.com <mailto:jgitlin@pinnacle21.com>
>
> PINNACLE 21
> www.pinnacle21.com
>
>> On May 7, 2020, at 1:51 PM, Josh Gitlin <jgitlin@pinnacle21.com <mailto:jgitlin@pinnacle21.com>>
wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> Apologies if this was covered in the docs or a previous message; I couldn't find
an answer in my search.

>> I am having an issue with remapping and parent caching. I have two Apache Traffic
Server instances for HA, and each one has the other configured as its parent cache. The goal
being a shared cache, because the two instances are behind a load balancer with leastconn
distribution.

>> I am seeing an issue where cache misses on server B get forwarded to server A with
the remapped URL and server A refuses to serve because it does not recognize the URL in it's
remap config. (Error "ERR_INVALID_URL") I know I can resolve this by simply adding the original
URL to the remap config, but that felt like the wrong fix.