From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Converting "records.config" to YAML
Date Wed, 20 May 2020 20:22:38 GMT
IF we are going down this path, we should restructure the configuration name space now too.
A lot of things makes no sense any more, including the proxy. prefix.

I do agree with Randal though, we should use proper YAML structure for the name spaces, for
both configurations and metrics.

— leif

> On May 20, 2020, at 1:18 PM, Randall Meyer <randallmeyer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I vote for #2, though I could live with either.
>
> -r
>
> On Wednesday, May 20, 2020, 11:09:25 AM PDT, Alan Carroll <solidwallofcode@verizonmedia.com>
wrote:

> If "records.config" is changed to be YAML for ATS 10, there are two reasonable approaches
to changing it.

> Option 1) Use a flat namespace. The file would look something like
>
> config:
>    proxy.http.cache: true
>    proxy.http.insert_request_via_str: 2
>    proxy.http.chunking_enabled: true
>    proxy.dns.resolv_conf: "/etc/resolv.conf"
>    # .... etc.
>
> Option 2) Use a tree. The file would look something like
>
> config:
>    proxy:
>       http:
>          cache: true
>          insert_request_via: 2
>          chunking_enabled: true
>       dns:
>          resolv_conf: "/etc/resolv.conf"
>
> From an automation point of view these are not really different - there is an obvious
isomorphism between them such that converting between them is trivial.