From John Rushford <jjrushf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remap causing parent servers to not have a match
Date Thu, 07 May 2020 21:03:25 GMT
In 9.0 when the parent.config is loaded, the parents for each config line
are examined to see if the fqdn/ip matches the host itself or is localhost,
if so that host is marked as unavailable for use by ParentSelection and
NextHopSelection so prevent looping.  However if you need to use the the
host and you're sure that you won't loop because the combination of remap
rules and the matching parent.config will not cause any problem, you can
disable the self detection by adding 'ignore_self_detect=true' in the
parent.config line and the the host will allow itself to be used as a
parent.  8.1 has the self detection markdown as well but the
'ignore_self_detect' flag is not available there but should be backported.

--
John Rushford
jjrushford@gmail.com