From "edd!" ...@eddi.me>
Subject Re: stats_over_http.so is causing a loop
Date Mon, 11 May 2020 16:52:45 GMT
I removed the stats_over_http from the plugin.config and removed the map
rule but still, whenever I enter the trafficserver ip in a web browser it
loops endlessly.
So it has nothing to do with the stats_over_http plugin

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 7:31 PM Alan Carroll <
solidwallofcode@verizonmedia.com> wrote:

> I don't understand your remap rule. According to the documentation,
> there's no need to do a remap at all. Even if needed, I think the path
> "[cache}/statz" isn't going to work, as the "{}" paths are special and
> don't generally have additional path information. If you leave out the
> remap rule, does it still work?
>
> On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 4:34 PM edd! <me@eddi.me> wrote:
>
>> Another interesting and dangerous addition to the above, I have removed
>> the plugin and the map then requested the ATS server ip in a browser
>> http://10.0.34.1, the loop occurred as well
>>
>> On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 12:25 AM edd! <me@eddi.me> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> On ATS 8.0.7 stats_over_http.so is causing a loop; here's the config:
>>> plugin.config: stats_over_http.so statz
>>> remap.config: map http://10.0.34.1:80/statz http://{cache}/statz
>>> @action=allow @src_ip=10.10.10.10
>>>
>>> As soon as I request the page I get countless errors in access.log
>>> 10.0.34.1 | ERR_CONNECT_FAIL | NONE | MISS | WL_MISS | 502 | 478 | GET |
>>> http://10.0.34.1/favicon.ico | - | DIRECT/10.0.34.1 | text/html
>>> 10.0.34.1 | TCP_MISS | NONE | MISS | WL_MISS | 403 | 442 | GET |