From Patrick Andrews <comptech1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic Caching Issue
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2021 17:22:53 GMT
Hey Miles,

Thanks again for as your help. I did not have any luck with the regex
remap, I was getting errors in my diags.log after traffic_ctl reloading it.

I did have more luck with the rewrite plugin, however, I am unfortunately
seeing this url now:
[image: image.png]

That "%20" in my url should be an "="

When I wireshark the actual HTTP redirect packet, I'm seeing the following:
[image: image.png]

You'll notice the space between Rp and https

So I'm not entirely sure why that's happening either. Here is my config
setup per your instructions:

[image: image.png]

hdr_rewrite.config
[image: image.png]

On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 12:15 PM Miles Libbey <mlibbey@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> so replace the "."s :)
>
> - header_rewrite plugin
> map http://bucks.bencho.com http://example.com  @plugin=header_rewrite.so
> @pparam=hdr_rewrite.config
> then in hdr_rewrite.config
> cond %{REMAP_PSEUDO_HOOK}
>   set-redirect 301 https://adfs.benco.com/...apsx?login...
> (and here, you could also set a more appropriate Cache-Control: setting
> for a permanent redirect. -- like
>   set-header Cache-Control "max-age=8640000, public"
> (and frequently when I'm troubleshooting with header_rewrite, I throw in a
> temporary header to "prove" I got there -- like
>   set-header Patrick "debugging"
>
> If these don't work, then there is some other interaction going on... like
> another remap being too greedy etc.
> miles
>
> On Sun, Mar 28, 2021 at 5:29 AM Patrick Andrews <comptech1988@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey Miles,
>>
>> Yes, the white background is a wireshark capture of the redirect packet
>> sent to my client machine. So basically what I'm seeing is that the client
>> machine, through DNS, hits the proxy. The proxy then serves the client
>> machine that white screenshot. What you'll notice in the red underline is
>> that the packet is showing a path that does not contain the full URL in the
>> redirect instructions. This originally led me down a rabbithole to find
>> that my redirect configuration contains a dynamic url that requires that
>> additional config as per the documentation. The issue, however, is that I
>> have that configuration set and it still isn't redirecting.
>>
>> My apologies for the first screenshot. I did a curl on the host box
>> accurately this time:
>> [image: image.png]
>>
>> And it looks like it is serving that incorrectly. Here is the redirect
>> config:
>>
>> [image: image.png]
>>
>> So my question is - How do I get everything past the .aspx?... onward to
>> be shown? I've already taken steps in the documentation to enable dynamic
>> url caching (proxy.config.http.cache.cache_urls_that_look_dynamic)
>> [image: image.png]
>> (reference:
>> https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/latest/admin-guide/configuration/cache-basics.en.html?highlight=dynamic#caching-dynamic-content
>> )
>>
>> And I'm at a loss at what else I can do. Thanks for your help.
>>

>> On Sat, Mar 27, 2021 at 9:54 PM Miles Libbey <mlibbey@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Ah -- the redirect remap rule-- had forgotten that existed! So that
>>> doesn't need or talk to any other machine. I'm a bit confused about what
>>> the 2 curls are -- one has Server: ats 5, and the other Server ATS 9.
>>>
>>> Just threw a redirect on one of ours:
>>>
>>> remap.config:
>>> redirect http://example.com/
>>> http://httpbin.org/dripi.aspx?numbytes=10000&duration=1&delay=1&code=200
>>>
>>> [18:49:02]$ curl -sIXGET --resolve example.com:80:127.0.0.1 "
>>> Location:
>>> http://httpbin.org/dripi.aspx?numbytes=10000&duration=1&delay=1&code=200
>>> [18:49:13]$ curl -sIXGET --resolve example.com:80:127.0.0.1 "
>>> http://example.com/foo/bar" | grep -i Location
>>> Location:
>>> http://httpbin.org/dripi.aspx?numbytes=10000&duration=1&delay=1&code=200/foo/bar
>>> [18:49:22]$ curl -sIXGET --resolve example.com:80:127.0.0.1 "
>>> http://example.com/foo/bar.aspx?foo=bar" | grep -i Location
>>> Location:
>>> http://httpbin.org/dripi.aspx?numbytes=10000&duration=1&delay=1&code=200/foo/bar.aspx?foo=bar
>>>
>>> Is the second machine (the white background screeny) proxying to the
>>> first (black background)?
>>>
>>> miles

I've got:

ATS would