trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Radu Marias <radumar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HammerDB issues
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2015 17:19:54 GMT
pdsh is available but how should the jar files be replicated?

I also installed HammerDB on the other 4 nodes and setup first node as
master and the 4 nodes as slaves as described here
http://hammerora.sourceforge.net/hammerdb_remote_modes.pdf
I also checked "*Copy Stored Procedures to Remote Nodes*" and added the
list of all 5 nodes but I don't see *NEWORDER.jar* on the other 4 nodes in
*HammerDB-2.18* folder. I assume all the jars are generated on the first
node and copied to the others. But it only generates *NEWORDER.jar* on the
first node and it fails and it's not present on the other nodes. Also the
rest of the stored procedure jars are not created.

For the create index DDL used, I changed config.xml file from hammerdb to
enable logs in /tmp and in that file I can only see the trimmed statement.
Is there anywhere I can see additional logs? Or can I see in trafodion logs
the last statement executed from hammerdb over odbc?

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 6:38 PM, Suresh Subbiah <suresh.subbiah60@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Radu,
>
> Thanks for trying this out.
>
> I think what is happening here is that the jar file did not get pushed to
> all the nodes. HammerDB has so far been tested on single node instances or
> multiple nodes where we did some intermediate steps manually. I don't think
> HammerDB uses pdsh to push the jar file to all nodes, or maybe pdsh is
> somehow not available. Could you please check if the jar file is available
> from every node in the cluster? If this does turn out to be the problem, I
> promise to add more info about HammerDB in the Trafodion wiki and mention a
> workaround for these issues.
>
> For the Failed To Create Index issue, is there an error message? IF not we
> can take the create index statement HammerDB is using and issue it from
> sqlci. I think thisis the DDL that is used.
>
> CREATE UNIQUE INDEX CUSTOMER_I2 ON CUSTOMER (C_W_ID, C_D_ID, C_LAST,
> C_FIRST, C_ID) ;
> CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ORDERS_I2 ON ORDERS (O_W_ID, O_D_ID, O_C_ID, O_ID) ;
>
> Thanks
> Suresh
>

> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Radu Marias <radumarias@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to run HammerDB TPC-C from this tutorial
> > http://hammerora.sourceforge.net/hammerdb_quickstart_trafodion.pdf
> >
> > I have this environment:
> >

> > *CentOS release 6.7 (Final)*
> > *Ambari 2.1.1*
> > *HDP 2.2*
> > *trafodion-20150828_0830*
> >
> > *HammerDB-2.18*
> >
> > *java version "1.7.0_79"*
> >
> > On *Schema Build* I get errors when stored procedures are created.
> >
> > *This is from the hammerdb logs:*
> >
> > Vuser 1:CREATING TPCC STORED PROCEDURES
> > Vuser 1:Failed to create library
> /home/trafodion/HammerDB-2.18/NEWORDER.jar
> >
> > *This is what I see in the UI (attached is also a screenshot):*

> > Main console display active (Tcl8.6.0 / Tk8.6.0)
> > The xml in config.xml is well-formed, applying variables
> > Error in Virtual User 1: [Trafodion ODBC Driver][Trafodion Database] SQL
> > ERROR:*** ERROR[1382] JAR or DLL file
> > /home/trafodion/HammerDB-2.18/NEWORDER.jar not found. [2015-09-11
组翙À€é
> > 组翙À€éŒ¸ç»„ç¿™À€å ¦è šç¿™À€ìªˆÊŒÀ€À€ì¹°Ê‰À€À€é
> >
> 组翙À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€Õ€Ë®À€À€ìŸ
> > Ì…À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€ï¿¿ï¿¿À€À€ì«
ï¿¿
> À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€é
> > °À€À€À€ì² ʉÀ€À€îˆ°Ò»À€À€éŸ¼ç« ç¿™À€ë¾°Ç´À€À€å–€Ò
À€À€ç½ Ë—À€À€ì²
> > ʉÀ€À€é’€ç»„ç¿™À€ã µç« ç¿™À€é‘ 组翙À€ìµ
ʉÀ€À€é °ç»„