trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Birdsall <dave.birds...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: HammerDB issues
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2015 17:47:47 GMT
The first one ("Operating system error 201") means a process went away
unexpectedly. Do you see any core files?

-----Original Message-----
From: Radu Marias [mailto:radumarias@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2015 10:46 AM
To: dev <dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org>
Subject: Re: HammerDB issues

This is what I get for the DDL you mentioned:

>>CREATE UNIQUE INDEX CUSTOMER_I2 ON CUSTOMER (C_W_ID, C_D_ID, C_LAST,
C_FIRST, C_ID);

*** ERROR[2034] $Z00083Z:144: Operating system error 201 while communicating
with server process $Z0201A7:26.

*** ERROR[1081] Loading of index TRAFODION.TPCC.CUSTOMER_I2 failed
unexpectedly.

--- SQL operation failed with errors.

The one for ORDERS is working:

>>CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ORDERS_I2 ON ORDERS (O_W_ID, O_D_ID, O_C_ID,
>>O_ID);

--- SQL operation complete.

$ sqcheck
Checking if processes are up.
Checking attempt: 1; user specified max: 2. Execution time in seconds: 0.

The SQ environment is up!

Process         Configured      Actual      Down
-------         ----------      ------      ----
DTM             5               5
RMS             10              10
MXOSRVR         20              20

Don't see any errors in trafodion logs.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 8:19 PM, Radu Marias <radumarias@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> nodes in *HammerDB-2.18* folder. I assume all the jars are generated
> on the first node and copied to the others. But it only generates
> *NEWORDER.jar* on the first node and it fails and it's not present on
> the other nodes. Also the rest of the stored procedure jars are not
> created.
>
> For the create index DDL used, I changed config.xml file from hammerdb
> to enable logs in /tmp and in that file I can only see the trimmed
> statement.
> Is there anywhere I can see additional logs? Or can I see in trafodion
> logs the last statement executed from hammerdb over odbc?
>
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 6:38 PM, Suresh Subbiah <
> suresh.subbiah60@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Radu,
>>
>> Thanks for trying this out.
>>
>> I think what is happening here is that the jar file did not get
>> pushed to all the nodes. HammerDB has so far been tested on single
>> node instances or multiple nodes where we did some intermediate steps
>> manually. I don't think HammerDB uses pdsh to push the jar file to
>> all nodes, or maybe pdsh is somehow not available. Could you please
>> check if the jar file is available from every node in the cluster? If
>> this does turn out to be the problem, I promise to add more info
>> about HammerDB in the Trafodion wiki and mention a workaround for
>> these issues.
>>
>> For the Failed To Create Index issue, is there an error message? IF
>> not we can take the create index statement HammerDB is using and
>> issue it from sqlci. I think thisis the DDL that is used.
>>
>> CREATE UNIQUE INDEX CUSTOMER_I2 ON CUSTOMER (C_W_ID, C_D_ID, C_LAST,
>> C_FIRST, C_ID) ; CREATE UNIQUE INDEX ORDERS_I2 ON ORDERS (O_W_ID,
>> O_D_ID, O_C_ID, O_ID) ;
>>
>> Thanks
>> Suresh
>>

>> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Radu Marias <radumarias@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm trying to run HammerDB TPC-C from this tutorial
>> > http://hammerora.sourceforge.net/hammerdb_quickstart_trafodion.pdf
>> >
>> > I have this environment:
>> >

>> > *CentOS release 6.7 (Final)*
>> > *Ambari 2.1.1*
>> > *HDP 2.2*
>> > *trafodion-20150828_0830*
>> >
>> > *HammerDB-2.18*
>> >
>> > *java version "1.7.0_79"*
>> >
>> > On *Schema Build* I get errors when stored procedures are created.
>> >
>> > *This is from the hammerdb logs:*
>> >
>> > Vuser 1:CREATING TPCC STORED PROCEDURES Vuser 1:Failed to create
>> > library
>> /home/trafodion/HammerDB-2.18/NEWORDER.jar
>> >
>> > *This is what I see in the UI (attached is also a screenshot):*

>> > (Tcl8.6.0 / Tk8.6.0) The xml in config.xml is well-formed, applying
>> > variables Error in Virtual User 1: [Trafodion ODBC
>> > Driver][Trafodion Database] SQL
>> > ERROR:*** ERROR[1382] JAR or DLL file
>> > /home/trafodion/HammerDB-2.18/NEWORDER.jar not found. [2015-09-11
组翙À€é
>> > 组翙À€éŒ¸ç»„ç¿™À€å ¦è šç¿™À€ìªˆÊŒÀ€À€ì¹°Ê‰À€À€é
>> >
>> 组翙Հˮ>> €À€ìŸ
>> > Ì…À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€ï¿¿ï¿¿À€À€ì«
ï¿¿
>> À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€À€é
>> > °À€À€À€ì² ʉÀ€À€îˆ°Ò»À€À€éŸ¼ç« ç¿™À€ë¾°Ç´À€À€å–€Ò
À€À€ç½ Ë—À€À€ì²
>> > ʉÀ€À€é’€ç»„ç¿™À€ã µç« ç¿™À€é‘ 组翙À€ìµ
ʉÀ€À€é °ç»„ (executing