trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Sandhya Sundaresan <sandhya.sundare...@esgyn.com>
Subject RE: Apache Trafodion release 1.2.0
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 22:37:08 GMT
 RE: Apache Trafodion release 1.2.0

Hi,

 I retrieved the earlier  message exchange and the logo . Here it is :
*http://1drv.ms/1IISe0L* <http://1drv.ms/1IISe0L>

-----------------------------------

   Hi everyone!

            This is Steph.  I've been having some connectivity and
            synchronization problems with my Outlook.com email address
for some reason
            so I think I'm going to have to use this account which I
normally use for
            my creative works.

            I wanted to say THANK YOU all very much for the feedback and
            Rohit, when I get back home from work, I will add in the
tongue and fire
            and then share the results as soon as I can.  :) Later if
desired, I can
            finalize the drawing, clean it up, and optimize it for use
on the web or
            possibly elsewhere. Currently, I have a scanned 300dpi
version as well as
            the scaled down version that I shared earlier.

            Take care and thanks again!~ Aith

            its.stephanie@outlook.com

            > Subject: Fw: Anyone working on putting up a website at
            trafodion.incubator.apache.org and....

            > Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 20:25:44 +0000

            > Hi Steph,

            > Really cool logo!  It seems to be a kindler, gentler, version
            of the Welsh dragon.  You need that tongue sticking out 😊 and
            maybe a bit of fire 😊.  We need a bit of a fire around
            Trafodion and have it spread 😊.

            <its.stephanie@outlook.com>]

            > Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 12:04 AM

            > To: dev@trafodion.incubator.apache.org

            > Subject: Re: Anyone working on putting up a website at
            trafodion.incubator.apache.org and....

            > Hi there everyone!

            > This is going to seem a bit random, but I heard about the
            Trafodion project and I thought it was really kind of cool
how the name
            'Trafodion' got chosen (Welsh in origin and meaning
transaction) and
            thought that it might be fun to try and design a logo and
then share it.

            > http://1drv.ms/1IISe0L

            > I drew this in the spirit of the Welsh dragon curled in the
            shape of the letter T written in script/cursive with the
horn on its
            head/face and the pointed end of its tail pointing in two opposing
            directions alike the cycle of a transaction.

            > It can be a standalone logo or it can be paired with
            lettering (either handdrawn or typed, it doesn't matter,
the lettering was
            done to sort of give a possible idea on what it might look
like with
            lettering of some sort) or whatever.

            > Either way, it was a lot of fun to draw and if you like it,
            please let me know and I absolutely welcome feedback.