trafodion-dev mailing list archives

From Hans Zeller <hans.zel...@esgyn.com>
Subject Re: Removing the EPEL Repo prompt question in Installer
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 17:59:01 GMT
Hi,

Here is what I would like the installer to do:

   - Ask no questions relating to EPEL.
   - Attempt to install the required RPMs or packages and also attempt to
   install EPEL on RedHat/CentOS first.
   - If those installs fail, then exit with a message, indicating what
   needs to be installed (on all nodes).

This won't require any extra effort in the normal case, and it will enable
a user in special situations (e.g. no internet access and no EPEL repo) to
work around the issue.

Thanks,

Hans